ARC Review: The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow



Pub. Date: February 25, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Paperback
382 pages


Synopsis from Goodreads:


Savannah. Courtney. Peyton. 

The three sisters grew up not knowing their father and not quite catching a break. But it looks like their luck is about to change when they find out the secret identity of their long-lost dad—a billionaire Las Vegas hotel owner who wants them to come live in a gorgeous penthouse hotel suite. Suddenly the Strip's most exclusive clubs are all-access, and with an unlimited credit card each, it should be easier than ever to fit right in. But in a town full of secrets and illusion, fitting in is nothing compared to finding out the truth about their past.




I tried so hard to read this book. I picked it up more than once, but I just could not finish this novel. I found the lead characters to be entirely indistinguishable voice-wise from each other. They weren’t unique at all, and within the first half of the novel, there was virtually no character development. To make matters worse, for the most part the lead characters were vapid and annoying. I kept hoping that the story would pick up and intrigue me in a way that the characters weren’t, but that didn’t happen. The premise of girls gone wild in Vegas took over the mystery element, and when the mystery element was in play, the reveals were flat, predictable, and not enough to keep me interested.


Needless to say I will not be picking up book two. The one very positive thing I can say is that the cover is amazing, and likely to draw readers in. 

Rating: No Rating DNF

** I received a copy of the novel from the publisher to read and honestly review. I was in no way compensated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment